An ad for aging...

 

So, dinner tonight, some rotisserie chicken and half a can of split pea with ham soup. As I'm spooning the rather thick coagulation of peas out of the can, I flash to a mental image of times past when I spooned canned dog food out for my puppies. Usually when they were sick. Because mostly they ate dry kibble.
 


And then in almost immediate succession that mental image dissolved into a shot from a Public Service Announcement on elder hunger that I saw once a long time ago... In it, an elderly gentleman carefully spoons and measures a thick coagulation of what appears to be roast beef in dog food form, into a bowl. After which he microwaves and sits down to eat it.
 
 
And it occurred to me, I have become an ad on aging... The good news is, I'm not hungry. The chicken and Pea soup were Magnifico...
 
And my abode doesn't suck.

 
 
-- Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Old... Not for Pussies.

Another Mini Romance...

Dad